Milestone Utility Services, Inc. (Milestone) has formalized a partnership with Bill2Pay LLC (Bill2Pay), a national bill presentment and payment processing company. Together, Milestone and Bill2Pay now offer a comprehensive and cost-effective utility customer engagement experience with Milestone ePortal.
“The partnership makes Milestone ePortal a more robust and cost-effective web portal and mobile app for utilities working to consolidate online billing, payments, usage data, and customer self-service options,” says Ram Kasarla, President of Milestone. “Customers can now view their bills, make payments and set-up customized notifications from within Milestone ePortal without needing a separate PCI-compliant payment platform. Milestone ePortal updates utility backend systems in real-time, keeping utility CIS systems and ePortal synchronized.”
Milestone ePortal differs from other customer self-service portals due to its thoroughly tested features that integrate Milestone ePortal with utility billing/customer information systems (CIS) and meter data management systems (MDM). To-date, Milestone ePortal integrates with Oracle CC&B and Banner CIS systems as well as multiple MDM platforms. Utilities have the option to host Milestone ePortal on-premise or securely in the cloud. In 2018, a version will be available on the SAP Cloud Platform.
“Milestone’s single sign-on web portal revolutionizes the way electric, gas and water utility customers communicate and interact with utilities through user-friendly, feature-rich interfaces,” says David Graham, CEO of Bill2Pay. “We provide real-time usage and billing information to consumers while simultaneously growing online customer self-service and online consumer participation in utility programs, sharply reducing calls to utility CSRs.”
Milestone ePortal functionality now includes:
- One-time and automatic ACH and card payments
- Billing and payment history
- Inbound and outbound preference-driven email and text notifications
- Self-service requests including; start, stop and transfer
- Drill-down usage and comparison data
- Multi-service management
- Account sharing and multi-account management capabilities
- Data analytics on transactional activity
- Utility program information, applications for rebates and rewards, demand response/TOU rates, prepaid payment options, and more.